Re: Repairing XFS

To: Joshua Schmidlkofer <menion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Norman Zhang <nzhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Repairing XFS
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:47:10 -0700
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

--On Sunday, December 14, 2003 21:34 -0800 Joshua Schmidlkofer <menion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do not know what it means to 'up reservation'.  I will google, but I
felt this was worth posting.  Other details needed?

It's XFS saying I'm doing something dull here because I ran out of log space. You need to increase the size of your XFS log/journal.

Why this code exists? I don't know. It should flush metawrites fromt eh journal to the actual data disk rather than puking under 'high' loads like this.

Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you
have to worry about; it's the twenty thousand-odd rounds
labeled `occupant.'"
  --Murphy's Laws of Combat