Re: Repairing XFS

To: Joshua Schmidlkofer <menion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Norman Zhang <nzhang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Repairing XFS
From: Michael Loftis <mloftis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:47:10 -0700
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

--On Sunday, December 14, 2003 21:34 -0800 Joshua Schmidlkofer <menion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do not know what it means to 'up reservation'.  I will google, but I
felt this was worth posting.  Other details needed?

It's XFS saying I'm doing something dull here because I ran out of log space. You need to increase the size of your XFS log/journal.

Why this code exists? I don't know. It should flush metawrites fromt eh journal to the actual data disk rather than puking under 'high' loads like this.

thanks,
  Joshua

--
Undocumented Features quote of the moment...
"It's not the one bullet with your name on it that you