Re: Repair XFS

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Repair XFS
From: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:56:32 +0800
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 02:47:30PM -0800, Norman Zhang wrote:
> I'm just wondering, won't Linux (Mandrake 9.2) do fsck automatically?
> After each reboot, I do see that it complained system not shutdown
> properly, press Y to force check. I press it. System scans some stuffs
> then repairs. I still see data corruptions 8(

fsck.xfs is a no-op.

As mentioned previously, you need to mount then unmount the problemmatic
partition, then run xfs_repair(8) manually. For whatever it's worth, I
like Knoppix[1] as a rescue disc because it has support for XFS
including an acceptably recent version of the XFS userland tools. Great
for when it's your root partition that has problems.

 --> Jijo

[1] http://www.knoppix.org

--
Federico Sevilla III  : http://jijo.free.net.ph      : When we speak of free
Network Administrator : The Leather Collection, Inc. : software we refer to