Re: XFS for 2.4

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS for 2.4
From: Jeremy Jackson <jerj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:13:43 -0500
Cc: Marcelo Tosatti <marcelo.tosatti@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I think the dislike is justified. XFS is kind of like an alien parasite attached to Linux. IRIX's IO system is different, it's taken a lot of changes. I still think it is the best filesystem with a lot of unused potential though. I hope it will eventually be well integrated - 2.6/2.8. It's only the generic code changes we need to worry about though, right?

Regards,

Jeremy Jackson