Re: direct-IO writes strange behavior

To: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: direct-IO writes strange behavior
From: Alberto Nava <beto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:37:56 -0800
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Alberto Nava wrote:

This may be an interaction with the unwritten extent handling code.
Try this on a file system made with the mkfs option -d unwritten=0.

Thanks.

I tried it but made not difference. We got an unmapped bh and reverted to buffered-IO.
opps.... It does work. I didn't preallocate enough space for the
file as I was testing it. It works great now :-).

Are there any concerns when setting unwritten=0?

Thanks for your help.
beto