Re: FC1 + XFS 1.3.1: test SRPM available

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FC1 + XFS 1.3.1: test SRPM available
From: Stefan Smietanowski <stesmi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 08:18:02 +0100
Cc: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Eric.

I don't think we need to do any mucking with the artwork, or any
other non-functional changes.  It's my understanding (as an individual
user, not speaking for SGI here) that Fedora can be much more freely
distributed than Red Hat Linux could be - i.e. no more "Pink Tie
Linux" and probably no need to purge references to "Red Hat" or copyrighted images.

I was thinking about that and honestly, I don't know what to believe :)
Yes more freely but how freely?

You guys should also be talking with jkatz@ red hat, he's their
installer guy and seems very interested in making xfs work.  Maybe
not the cd4 version, but at least grub fixes etc.

Right. Have someone been able to get a fix for the grub issue yet?
My most asked for feature for the DVD is just a fix for that issue.

// Stefan