Re: FC1 + XFS 1.3.1: test SRPM available

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FC1 + XFS 1.3.1: test SRPM available
From: Stefan Smietanowski <stesmi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 02:46:14 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Russell Cattelan wrote:

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 19:02, Stefan Smietanowski wrote:

Hi Eric.

So I was feeling charitable today...

You'll find an SRPM in ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/testing/FC1 that
seems to more or less pass our QA suite.  It's a hurry-up job though, so
give it some cautious testing if you'd like.

To the RH folks, if you're listening, I think I've done patches in such
a way that you can strip out acls & dmapi, and have a functional xfs
with extremely minimal impact to the rest of the kernel. (linux-2.4.22-xfs-exports.patch is the only thing we -really- need to be
able to ship an out-of-kernel module, linux-2.4.22-xfs-inode-init.patch
would be nice).

Someone's been keeping busy I see. Alright, I'll try to have a mockup an
installer this weekend for FC1. No promises though.

Are you going to do just the DVD version? If you get anaconda in shape I'll work on getting
the ordered genhdlist worked out.
Which is usually the most annoying part of the "CD 4" installer

Excellent work. One thought only ... Aren't ACLs enabled on the normal
FC1 kernel?

// Stefan

My priority is the DVD version but I am interested in doing an "extra
CD" version as well. If we can work together and share some work it
makes it easier. For instance if you can look through at what artwork
you want to replace, etc I can look more closely at the rest.

If I whip anything up this weekend it's bound to be something that
looks exactly like the original installer most likely. Next will be
modifying it to actually comply with RedHat's rules (name, etc..).

But anything I can get help with is truly excellent.

// Stefan