Re: FC1 + XFS 1.3.1: test SRPM available

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FC1 + XFS 1.3.1: test SRPM available
From: Stefan Smietanowski <stesmi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 02:02:25 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Eric.

So I was feeling charitable today...

You'll find an SRPM in ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/testing/FC1 that
seems to more or less pass our QA suite.  It's a hurry-up job though, so
give it some cautious testing if you'd like.

To the RH folks, if you're listening, I think I've done patches in such
a way that you can strip out acls & dmapi, and have a functional xfs
with extremely minimal impact to the rest of the kernel. (linux-2.4.22-xfs-exports.patch is the only thing we -really- need to be
able to ship an out-of-kernel module, linux-2.4.22-xfs-inode-init.patch
would be nice).

Someone's been keeping busy I see. Alright, I'll try to have a mockup an
installer this weekend for FC1. No promises though.

Excellent work. One thought only ... Aren't ACLs enabled on the normal
FC1 kernel?

// Stefan