Re: XFS installer for Fedora 1

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS installer for Fedora 1
From: Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 21:13:37 +0100
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 01:54:11PM -0500, Mike Burger wrote:
> On 6 Nov 2003, Eric Sandeen wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 11:56, Mike Burger wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know if the SuSE distribution currently includes XFS support?
> >
> > Yes, SuSE was one of the early supporters of XFS.
>
> Excellent!!!  At least, that way, I'll know that if I decide to migrate,
> my /home and /var don't have to be abandoned.

You can use apt or yum to upgrade which will not replace your kernel
w/o your explicit wish to do so ;)

In fact one can take a Fedora Core kernel enriched with XFS (like the
ATrpms kernel) and install it on a RH9 and then do the apt/yum upgrade.

Nevertheless Keith is right in asking for pressure at RH for XFS
inclusion. They are indeed only a micrometer away from it, so a small
push would suffice (at least one is tempted to think so ...;).

Fedora Core 2 is scheduled 4-6 months from now, start lobbying! :) (I
don't think RH will put XFS in the "updates", previously known as
"errata")
--
Axel.Thimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx