Re: xfs-cmd and cvs

To: Kostadin Karaivanov <larry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs-cmd and cvs
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:21:03 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 2003-11-12 at 00:57, Kostadin Karaivanov wrote:
> Updating my cvs snapshot of linux-2.4-xfs I've noticed that
> there is directory linux/fs/xfs/cmd that contains xfs-tools and tests
> I believe that they are different cvs repository but still.... is this
> intentional ??
If you look you will find there is no actual file in those dirs.
This is a side affect of the way cvs does deletes, all file are placed
in the attic when deleted. But because cvs has no concept of path other
that the directory structure of the repository its self
directory can not be deleted with out also removing the "Attic" files.

The Attic processing was something that was added to the ptools -> cvs
script some time back to allow to checkout going backwards in time as
well as looking up odd rev with cvsweb.
Yes the extra dirs is just an annoying side affect but we want to keep
more history around.

-Russell