Re: XFS + SMP + Software RAID 5 slow?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS + SMP + Software RAID 5 slow?
From: Andrew Klaassen <ak@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:43:36 -0500
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 04:50:13PM -0500,
Andrew Klaassen wrote:

> Obviously there's something very wrong here.

Possibly something wrong with how I've set things up, I'll add.
I installed Redhat9 from CDs, installed the RH9 XFS tools and
SMP kernel from the FTP site, compiled the latest 3ware drivers
against the kernel and remade my initrd image.  Anything I'm
missing from those steps?

(The performance problems/symptoms were the same with the 3ware
drivers that came compiled with the 2.4.20-20.9.XFS1.3.1smp
kernel.)

Andrew Klaassen