xfs log on another device, will it destroy existing data?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: xfs log on another device, will it destroy existing data?
From: Greg Whynott <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 10:46:58 -0400
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'd like to create an xfs fs on an array.  I'd also like to put the
metadata log on another device,  I currently have an ext3 fs mounted,
can I put the log on the ext3 fs without losing the data there now or
does it expect a raw partition?  the manual page doesn't say one way or
another if it will destroy data..

xfs to go on a 2G FC RAID5 array (7x35G disks)
log to go on a SCSI 320 mirror set with an ext3 fs mounted under /var

thanks folks!
greg

--
UNIX is user friendly, it's just selective about who its friends are.