xfs quota does not work with encrypted loop filesystem

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: xfs quota does not work with encrypted loop filesystem
From: Ying-Hung Chen <ying@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 09:50:13 -0700
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

        I am currently running mandrake 9.2, (this applies to 9.1 and 9.0 also)

xfs quota does not work with encrypted option turned on. (through the loop device)

for example:

/dev/hde11 /home xfs encryption=AES128,encrypted,grpquota,usrquota 0 0

has the encryption, but unable to assign quota, enforce or show quota.

without the encryption, quota just works.

I believe this is probably not mandrake specific problem, does anyone have similar setup that works?

Thanks,

-Ying

PS. Please CC me on reply.