Re: BLKGETSIZE64, BLKBSZSET, BLKSSZGET definition in xfsprogs.

To: Jan Derfinak <ja@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: BLKGETSIZE64, BLKBSZSET, BLKSSZGET definition in xfsprogs.
From: Nathan Scott <nathans@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:59:58 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 07:48:11AM +0200, Jan Derfinak wrote:
> Hi.
>
> While looking to xfsprogs source I found that xfsprogs defines BLKGETSIZE64,
> BLKBSZSET and BLKSSZGET in libxfs/linux.c. These macros are also defined in
> /usr/include/linux/fs.h. I'm curious why xfsprogs doesn't include
              ^^^^^^^
There is no guarantee that the installed kernel headers will have
these defined.  xfsprogs doesn't directly use any kernel headers,
for this reason.

See the Linux ABI thread on LKML at the moment.

> linux/fs.h and doesn't use system defaults instead of own definition?

Actually, IIRC these are all conditionally compiled (so if they are
already defined via system headers, we use the already-set values).
Not that it matters, they should never have any value different to
what we define them to here.

cheers.

--
Nathan