Re: Dealing with a very large file -1,5TB

To: "Christoph Klocker" <cklocker@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Dealing with a very large file -1,5TB
From: "Simon Matter" <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:29:31 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Did you check the raw write speed of your devices using dd? When I did
tests in the past I got almost the same speed with XFS like raw. Until you
are sure your devices perform much better, XFS should not be involved too
much.

Simon

--
Simon Matter              Tel:  +41 61 695 57 35
Fr.Sauter AG / CIT        Fax:  +41 61 695 53 30