System hangs on xfs filessystem full

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: System hangs on xfs filessystem full
From: "Shridhar GR" <Shridhar_GR@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 16:14:30 +0530
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi
        I have a problem working with XFS patched kernel. I have patched
kernel 2.4.21 with patch " <linux-2.4.21-xfs-2003-09-07.patch>" downloaded
from place "Index of  /pub/sgi-oss/xfs/patches/weekly-snapshot-patch" and
compiled the kernel with xfs,acl and quota support enabled.
        I am using VIA EPIA-M Mini-ITX Mainboard with VIA chiset. While
compiling the kernel I have selected the CPU to be of type "X86 type i.e
586/k5/5x86...." option. I have also applied a patch for IEEE 1394 before
applying this xfs patch.
         When I try to copy a large file on to xfs partition using direct
"cp" command or nfs or samba, the system hangs when partition or disk is
full. > It would be of great help if u can brief what exactly is the problem
and how to fix this. Also, can u please say about the latest stable xfs patch
source from where I can down load the correct patch for kernel 2.4.21 and
respective XFS utilities.
 thank U
Regards
Shridhar

DISCLAIMER:
This message (including attachment if any) is confidential and may be
privileged. Before opening attachments please check them for viruses and
defects. MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree) will not be responsible
for any viruses or defects or any forwarded attachments emanating either from
within MindTree or outside. If you have received this message by mistake please
notify the sender by return  e-mail and delete this message from your system.
Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is
strictly prohibited.  Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and
MindTree shall not be liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete
transmission.