Re: 2.6.0-test5-mm3 & XFS FS Corruption (or not?)

To: Walt H <waltabbyh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.6.0-test5-mm3 & XFS FS Corruption (or not?)
From: Walt H <waltabbyh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:08:41 -0700
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Just a follow-up to my earlier post:

I've put in the xfs code from mm2 into the mm3 tree and all files get
copied and I can manually copy the fstab.backup file afterward. I
realized that the "rebuilding directory inode 256" was the lost+found
directory, which contained 4 old zero length files. That was the key.
XFS under -mm2 doesn't care about old lost+found directories, while -mm3
does. If I removed the source lost+found/ and retried rsync's with -mm3,
it finishes fine and I can copy fstab files. Adding a bogus lost+found
dir with any file in it at the source, and retrying the rsync will lead
to a state where I can't overwrite the existing /etc/fstab file at the
end. So it doesn't look like there's actually any filesystem corruption,
just a strange bug. Hope that helps,

-Walt