Change XFS to support sector aligned O_DIRECT rather than filesystem block
Date: Tue Jul 29 09:41:53 PDT 2003
The following file(s) were checked into:
linux/fs/xfs/linux/xfs_lrw.c - 1.191
- Do per device alignment for direct IO.
linux/fs/xfs/linux/xfs_ioctl.c - 1.98
- Change XFS_IOC_DIOINFO to return the new alignment rules
linux/fs/xfs/pagebuf/page_buf.h - 1.72
- Add new flags for bmap options and results
linux/fs/xfs/linux/xfs_aops.c - 1.42
- Use the PBMF_NEW flag on an extent to indicate that the buffer head is
new. In the direct IO path, determine which device the inode lies on
so we can pass it down to blockdev_direct_IO. Lets us do sector
O_DIRECT on the data device.
linux/fs/xfs/linux/xfs_iomap.c - 1.12
- If we create a new mapping during an iomap operation, set the PBMF_NEW
flag in it. Done under the ilock, so only one thread ever gets it.