Re: weird kernel messages

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: weird kernel messages
From: Christian Guggenberger <Christian.Guggenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 16:19:51 +0200
Cc: Christian Guggenberger <Christian.Guggenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 15.07.2003   15:42 Eric Sandeen wrote:
That looks like the new & improved verbose error reporting... minus
some of the actual verbosity.  :)

These are from /var/log/messages, or on the console?

These are from both /var/log/kern.log and console.
We were running 2.4.20-xfs, but this one brought some actual verbose debug messages, when a nfs client still had mounted an nfs volume, which changed underneath on the server. I think, these new messages are still related to nfs clients trying to access old nfs-exports.
See
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-xfs&m=105747586206175&w=2
for the 2.4.20-xfs messages.

Christian