Re: oops in 2.4.20-18.9XFS1.3.0pre2

To: Sebastien Boving <seb@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: oops in 2.4.20-18.9XFS1.3.0pre2
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Jul 2003 15:22:21 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I take it that you recompiled the kernel to remove kdb?  :)  We really
need to be able to poke around in kdb a bit.  Did you change anything

Have you used this same filesystem with older kernels, without trouble?

To recover, I would suggest rebooting, and then point xfs_repair at the
device, probably with the "-n" option first to see what it -would- do.

It looks like the cause of the oops is that the behavior on the vnode is
null, but it's pretty hard to know how we got here.

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.         651-683-3102