Re: ANNOUNCE XFS 1.3.0pre4

To: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE XFS 1.3.0pre4
From: Mihai RUSU <dizzy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 21:43:54 +0300 (EEST)
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

Great job, I am starting to move some of the machines arround here on
2.4.21 XFS 1.3.0pre couse if any bugs are there they should pop-up before
1.3.0 final.

One small issue I noticed after booting a 1.3.0pre4 kernel:
SGI XFS 1.3.0pre2 with no debug enabled
           ^^^^^^^^
Is this just a forgotten "version.h" update somewhere or I have downloaded
the wrong patches, here is what I used:

linux-2.4.21-core-xfs-1.3.0.patch.gz md5: 2419f5558185577877f273dfbcc182ca
linux-xfs-1.3.0pre4.patch.gz md5: 558ff6ee67125fb7f91304715136a283

Thanks for your support and Ill be back with any news after my tests
running :)

On 25 Jul 2003, Russell Cattelan wrote:

> The 1.3.0 pre4 patches and latest RH9 errata kernel rpms are
> available at:
> ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/Release-1.3/pre4/
>
> The 1.3 xfs-cmds have also been updated to TOT xfs-cmds, since
> there is no real reason not to bring them in sync. In other works
> no major code changes, just a lot of cleanups and minor bug fixes.
>
> One significant update: xfs_copy is now installed by default.
>
> The kernel rpm's themselves have not had much testing so use
> at your own risk.
>
> As far as the xfs codes goes, it goes through nightly regression
> testing.
>
> As always please let us know of any issues.
> If things go well pre4 should probably turn into actual XFS 1.3.0
>
> -Russell Cattelan

Mihai RUSU

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented within this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of any company,
unless otherwise specifically stated.