Re: 2.4.20-18 Red Hat errata kernel with XFS 1.2.0

To: Paulo Matos <pjsm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.20-18 Red Hat errata kernel with XFS 1.2.0
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 13:41:28 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 11:53 10-6-2003 +0100, Paulo Matos wrote:
On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Seth Mos wrote:

> New cannon fodder has just arrived.
>
> They compile, not boot tested, few changes.
>
> These will need to be recompiled on Red Hat Linux 9 with the posix
> threading support enabled in the spec file.
>
> http://iserv.nl/files/xfs/2.4.20-18/

        Hi Seth!
        Was those built under redhat 7.3 or any other?

Yes, 7.3 it is. I have no boxes running anything newer. It looks like we will be switching to Red Hat ES pretty soon for the database box which would mean that I can't use the XFS filesystem anymore since it is not covered by the support contract.

Some other boxes for which I do not care about the support anyways will keep using XFS. That means I'll probably would need to make some sort of installer for Red Hat ES with XFS support in order to install or upgrade.

The biggest problem with ES is the use of the "ancient" 2.4.9 kernel with more patches then you can shake a stick at.

Cheers
--
Seth