Re: 2.4.20-18 Red Hat errata kernel with XFS 1.2.0

To: Paulo Matos <pjsm@xxxxxxxxxx>, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2.4.20-18 Red Hat errata kernel with XFS 1.2.0
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 13:00:48 +0200
Cc: "Bryan J. Smith" <b.j.smith@xxxxxxxx>, Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, XFS List <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 11:40 12-6-2003 +0100, Paulo Matos wrote:
On 11 Jun 2003, Eric Sandeen wrote:

> > Does 2.5/2.6 completely take care of providing these interfaces?
>
> XFS is in 2.5, so it's mostly a moot point.  It's possible that from
> time to time, updated XFS in CVS will require a kernel change that is
> not in Linus' tree, of course.

        Does 2.6 will include XFS completely, or will we live with two
branches, one on kernel tree and another side away?

XFS filesystems are included although I think dmapi is excluded untill it is usable on multiple filesystems.

It should be inline with current CVS. CVS might be a little ahead since that is what the developers commit to.

        A little off-topic question, anyone know if there is an expected
release date for 2.6?

My best guess is somewhere this fall... 11 oct 2003??

Cheers

--
Seth