Re: FS Limits (fwd)

To: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: FS Limits (fwd)
From: Jan Derfinak <ja@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 12:09:12 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 13 May 2003, Seth Mos wrote:

> AFAIK the limit is 2^63 which equals the 9EB. I believe this to be based on
> the standard 4K block size.
>
> We first need a Linux kernel that can scale past the 2TB block device
> boundary.

And what about LBD support in 2.5.x kernels or LBD patches in
ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/patches/weekly-snapshot-patch/ ?
That should address 2TB limit or not?

                                jan

--
We've been walled-in, malled-in, insulated, air-conditioned, cine-plexed,
programmed, brainwashed, unalterably directed by materialism, consumerism,