Re: [Evms-devel] question on some evms features

To: evms-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Evms-devel] question on some evms features
From: Kwon SoonSon <ksoonson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:25:39 +0900 (JST)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > 3. does evms work fine with xfs? I think the
> answer
> > is yes but just want to get any information on
> evms on
> > XFS.
>
> There has been a report of a problem with running
> XFS (in 2.4 kernels) on
> RAID-1 and/or RAID-5 devices that have been
> converted into EVMS volumes. The
> problem stems from XFS not following some implicit
> block-I/O restrictions.
> Work-arounds have been added to XFS to recognize MD,
> LVM1, and EVMS 1.2, but
> it does not yet recognize Device-Mapper.
>
> If you aren't using RAID-1 or RAID-5 (or possibly
> striped LVM volumes), you
> shouldn't have any problems.

Cc'ing xfs-devel just in case....

Then, does this mean that XFS cannot be used with
RAID-1 orRAID-5 whether it is software RAID or
hardware
RAID?

Not being able to recognize device mapper seems to be
a big problem as of now because that sounds like
it does not recognize LVM2 which works with device
mapper.

If I am wrong, please let me know....

값싸고 품질좋은 인화 - 야후! 사진
http://kr.photos.yahoo.com/