Re: question on xfs_repair

To: <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: question on xfs_repair
From: <roberto@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:36:31 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 16 aor 2003

I wanted to build from source.

I've downloaded xfsprogs-2.3.5.src.tar.gz, check md5sum, untar it.
cd into xfsprogs-2.3.5

red doc/INSTALL
export DEBUG=-DNDEBUG (as you suggested)
./configure
./Makepkgs verbose
the package building gone fine

untar xfs_repair from ./build/tar/xfsprogs-2.3.5.tar.gz

but using this xfs_repair on my fs (I tried on several F.S) still
gave me strange output. Any suggestion ?

(another question: I noticed that the packages did not prepare any
executable for /sbin/ but only for /usr/local/sbin; this could create a
problem if /usr is separate F.S., maybe xfs_check or xfs_repair should go
into /sbin)

Thanks in advance,
Roberto