Re: [ANNOUNCE] Red Hat Linux 9 XFS DVD Released

To: Mogens Kjaer <mk@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Red Hat Linux 9 XFS DVD Released
From: Stefan Smietanowski <stesmi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 17:18:29 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hm, there must be a better way of doing this (tm). Remounting
the installation partition?

Success! It turned out to be easier than I thought:

I couldn't umount /mnt/sysimage, it was busy because
/mnt/sysimage/proc and /mnt/sysimage/dev/pts were
also mounted.

To umount everything, and mount it again,
one has to add these two lines to
/usr/lib/booty/bootloaderInfo.py in stage2.img,
near line 806, (inbetween the calls
of /sbin/grub-install and /sbin/grub):

            fsset.umountFilesystems(instRoot)
            fsset.mountFilesystems(instRoot)

- maybe the upgradeGrub function needs to
be changed as well...

It works both if the /boot directory
is a part of the root directory, and if
/boot is on an XFS partition of its own.

Mogens

Excellent work. I'll be testing this and will probably release a new DVD
with this fix tomorrow. Thanx alot.

// Stefan