RE: documentation for programming with XFS

To: kendal <laceyk@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: documentation for programming with XFS
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: 12 Apr 2003 09:28:32 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 16:15, kendal wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I am using Mandrake 9.1 and have installed the XFS filesystem on a large
>   drive.  I am trying to create/open/append files that are greater than
> the 2GB filesize.  I would like to know what header files need to be
> included in a "C" program and what types of file operations are allowed.
>   I have both the xfs.a and xlog.a libraries.
>
> Please and thank you,
> Kendal Lacey.

Hi,

You do not actually need any XFS libraries for that, you need to
compile your code with some -D directives to tell glibc you
want access to large file support, putting -D_GNU_SOURCE on
the gcc command line should be enough. Look in /usr/include/features.h
for various other defines you can use (note you do not need to
include this header file either).

Steve