Not copying all files

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Not copying all files
From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 22:49:59 -0400
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'm running an XFS system on all partitions on a Linux system.  The
partitions are on a RAID 5 array.  I have a spare partition that I wanted to
copy /, /usr, /home over to.  I started with the /, /usr, /home partitions
mounted and did

xfsdump -J - / | xfsrestore -J - /mnt/newsystem

where / is my root partition (the source) and /mnt/newsystem is the partition
that has the filesystem I'm copying TO (the target).  Both are mounted during
the process.

This copied over some files, but not all.  For example, in my usr/bin
directory  on /mnt/newsystem I'm missing vim while it does exist on /usr/bin.
 I'm also missing some /bin commands.

Any ideas on what's going wrong here.  The messages indicate that it copies
succesfully but I'm missing files.

Thank you.

--

Brett I. Holcomb