Re: LBA to File?

To: "Buzbee, James" <James.Buzbee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LBA to File?
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Mar 2003 16:13:29 -0600
Cc: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 16:04, Buzbee, James wrote:

> We actually see the writes occuring in two distinct areas on the drive.
>   Would journal accesses show up this way?

The superblock could also be getting written a lot.

> We are in a single disk system using an internal log.  Is there any way
> to move it ?

While you can move an internal log with some xfs_db wizardry, it would
probably be easiest to just re-make your fs with an external log on
another partition.

(oh, and there is also an undocumented mkfs option to put an internal
log in a different AG... have to check the xfs_mkfs.c source).

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.         651-683-3102