Re: LBA to File?

To: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LBA to File?
From: "Buzbee, James" <James.Buzbee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 15:04:51 -0700
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Andi Kleen wrote:
On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 22:37, Buzbee, James wrote:
We've been running an IDE analyzer on our system in order to better understand the pattern of disk usage for our application. We're seeing what appears to be a high number of writes to a particular area of the drive, and we're having trouble determining what is being accessed. The analyzer gives us output in terms of LBA accesses. Is there an easy way to translate an LBA address into a particular file or perhaps an internal XFS data structure?

I bet it is the XFS log.

We actually see the writes occuring in two distinct areas on the drive. Would journal accesses show up this way?

You can test by moving it to another partition or another disk.

We are in a single disk system using an internal log. Is there any way to move it ?

Jim

-Andi