Log corruption on /home.

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Log corruption on /home.
From: "Russell G. Howe" <rhowe@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:10:19 +0000
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
OK, now that /var is happy I have another problem :)

/home was also corrupted by the crash, and fails to mount due to log
corruption.

Is it worth trying to find a way to avoid running xfs_repair -L on the
partition? The log as dumped by xfs_logprint doesn't seem particularly
interesting (although it doesn't seem to dump all of it).

See:
http://rhowe.sfarc.net/xfs_logprint_on_home.txt.gz
http://rhowe.sfarc.net/kernel_log_on_mount.txt
http://rhowe.sfarc.net/xfs_db_inode_6291870_on_home.txt
http://rhowe.sfarc.net/file-analysis.txt

The kernel log contains an error dumped whilst performing the actions
in file-analysis.txt. I mounted the fs with the ro and norecovery
options in order to do them.

Eric Sandeen had a brief look at me with this last night (US time) but
it was getting late so we didn't have time to do anything other than
collect some error messages together.

My other posts to the list about this don't seem to have made it to oss
- hopefully this one will (and the others won't :)

--
Russell Howe     | Why be just another cog in the machine,
rhowe@xxxxxxxxxx | when you can be the spanner in the works?