Re: problem creating log

To: James Rich <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: problem creating log
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:18:59 -0600 (CST)
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Let's go with Nathan's hunch - what version of the kernel are you using?

the BLKGETSIZE64 iocttl was broken for a while, and returned bad values.
That could be causing your problem...

THe default internal log grows with the size of the fs, to a point.   But
aside from some overall min/max log sizes (probably documented in the
mkfs.xfs man page) you can have a wide range of log sizes for a given fs.

Log v1 is still default, logv2 could probably use more testing before
it becomes the default.

-Eric