Re: XFS and ACPI sleep states compat in 2.5

To: Karol Kozimor <sziwan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS and ACPI sleep states compat in 2.5
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 08:46:06 -0600 (CST)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003, Karol Kozimor wrote:

> There seems, however, to be an issue loosely connected with suspend.

Does this behave differently with the patch vs. without?

> Suspending and resuming almost universally seems to trigger the strange
> ,,Unknown error 990'' problems upon any file access.

Are there any messages in the system logs before/after this?  990
is "EFSCORRUPTED" out of xfs, perhaps the filesystem has shut down.
There should be some error messages in the logs, if EFSCORRUPTED
is being generated.

I can try to take a look at this, but my problem with ACPI in the past
has always been finding a machine which implements ACPI well enough
in the bios that it has -any- hope of working correctly....

If the patch I posted doesn't make this any -worse- then I'll go ahead
and check it in; if it is causing this problem, perhaps I should hold
off.

-Eric