Re: linux/fs/xfs/xfs_log.h:_lsn_cmp not declared __inline__ with gcc 2.9

To: Chris Wedgwood <cw@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: linux/fs/xfs/xfs_log.h:_lsn_cmp not declared __inline__ with gcc 2.95
From: Chris Pascoe <c.pascoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 00:02:58 +1000 (EST)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > Zombie proccesses. Mainly loopdiloops. Process stuck in D state. A
> > very early version of 2.96 also had this IIRC.  2.95.2 was the main
> > crulpit. 2.95.3 and above are safe.
>
> I did manage to get problems with 2.95.4 but they are different to
> what you describe (processed stuck in IO wait, but would come unstuck
> if I remounted RO underneath them).

That sounds like the behaviour that was initially seen that prompted the
fix.  I don't think that 2.95.3/4 were safe when I tested back then,
contrary to Seth's experiences.

See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-xfs&m=99535721111774&w=2 for a
description as to what the compiler's doing wrong and why it had to be
un-inlined.

Regards,
Chris