Re: Please pay attention to RedHat 7.x, other stable linux kernels (2.4

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, John Haverty <zeio@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Please pay attention to RedHat 7.x, other stable linux kernels (2.4) please ;p
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:17:24 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 20:55 17-2-2003 -0600, Eric Sandeen wrote:
On Mon, 17 Feb 2003, John Haverty wrote:

I imagine that a backport to a Red Hat 7.3 kernel would not be too bad,
perhaps if you or someone in the Linux community can do this, it would
be well received.

The kernels from my site are built under Red Hat 7.1 and also reflect the latest errata kernel. They are based on the 2.4.18-24 errata from Red Hat and also include the XFS 1.2pre5 patches.

Although the name still says pre5 it is ofcourse the 1.2 code.
http://iserv.nl/files/xfs/2.4.18-24/

So if you need the Red Hat 7.x variant this would be your best bet.

I am rebuilding this kernel with the proper 1.2 name on a Red Hat 7.3 box at the moment. But this could take a while (half a day).

There might also be a new errata kernel coming soon which *should* fix numerous network problems related to gigabit ethernet. Keep in mind however that the last 4 errata release from Red Hat which should have fixed this still have not solved the problem to date.
There was -17, -18, -19 and now -24.

Cheers

--
Seth