kernel pan. no init ...?

Subject: kernel pan. no init ...?
From: "Achim Altmann" <achim@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 03:57:49 +0100
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

now i gave installed new kernel with xfs--support and i have changed my old
ext3-filesystem to XFS

my old filesystem is now on /dev/sda9 (is only the backup but bootable ) and
the new on the /dev/sda1-8

I use lilo and i have two bootoptions

1) boot /dev/sda2 (that is / ) ==> /boot is on /dev/sda1

2) boot /devb/sda9 (in sda9 is all / and /boot and all other mountpoints)

The kernel and the init-file is in both /boot-directorys the same and this
kernels are both supported XFS

I can boot /dev/sda9 but this filesystem is ext3 but i can mount under that
system all XFS-devices from /dev/sda1-8

If i boot /dev/sda2  then comes the following message

VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on dev sd(8,2)
mount error 22 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root(sysroot, sysroot/initrd) failed 2
umount unused kernel memory 124K freed
kernel panic: No init found Try passing init= option to Kernel

Sorry i don't understod this message

I have set the runlevel
All Files are the same like under /dev/sda9
/dev/sda9 was the file-system /dev/sda1-8

i have this installtion-form from linux-XFS-HOWTO "Migration"

i have only edit the /etc/fstab and lilo.conf
i have tested to install lilo from Booted /dev/sda9
==> installing was ok.
and i have boot (with an xfs-kernel) the rescue-system /dev/sda2 and under this
rescue-system i have also installed lilo
==> was also ok.!

Yes i would also like installed grub but grub makes problems he stay after boot
on stage2
and the is finish
Maybe he has problems with may raid-system (yes that is a crazy-idea) or i have
problems with installing grub

Please could any help
I have now all tested, changed, installed
sorry i don't see the problem

reagards

Achim

[[HTML alternate version deleted]]