Re: U320 Large Array Performance

To: lord@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: U320 Large Array Performance
From: "Rick Smith" <rgsmith72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 14:47:34 -0800
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Steve,
Here is the output from xfs_info, please excuse the formatting. I am using a chunk size of 4K in the raid. Larger sizes seem to degrade performance. Thanks for your help.

With 14 disks in the array:
meta-data=/test isize=256 agcount=240, agsize=1048576 blks data = bsize=4096 blocks=251392736, imaxpct=25 = sunit=1 swidth=14 blks, unwritten=1
naming   =version 2             bsize=4096
log      =external                    bsize=4096   blocks=32768 version=1
                       =                       sunit=0 blks
realtime =none                     extsz=57344  blocks=0, rtextents=0

With 15 disks in the array
meta-data=/test isize=256 agcount=257, agsize=1048576 blks data = bsize=4096 blocks=269349360, imaxpct=25 = sunit=1 swidth=15 blks, unwritten=1
naming   =version 2             bsize=4096
log      =external                    bsize=4096   blocks=32768 version=1
                      =                        sunit=0 blks
realtime =none                     extsz=61440  blocks=0, rtextents=0