XFS Query....

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS Query....
From: Arindam Dey <lfsdeveloper@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:04:42 -0800 (PST)
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

This is the first time i used XFS. I installed it
using the RedHat 7.3 installer provided by SGI.

I am facing the following problem -

Whenever any file is edited and viewed immedaitely
after that it shows the changes, everything is hunky
dory till here. But on hard shutdown immediately after
that and on booting up the file has been changed to a
one line data file with junk stuff in it. On smooth
shutdown this stuff does not happen. Is it only me
facing this problem becuase i have removed some RPMS
from the system? But I  have not removed the XFS
pertinent RPMS. Also sadly i was messing aroung with
rc.sysinit and rc.local when this error first came up.
So now my rc files are screwed up and the system does
not boot up normally passing init=/bin/bash is ok.

SO can somebody help me by pointing me in the right
direction.

Thanks in advance,

Arindam Dey

=====