Re: Patched 1.2Pre5 kernel

To: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Patched 1.2Pre5 kernel
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 10:39:34 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 09:04 20-1-2003 +0100, Simon Matter wrote:
Seth Mos schrieb:
> The i686 build fails at the moment but so you will have to do with the
> kernel-source rpm instead. The i686 build will follow later.

Well, I had the same problem when I created such kernel rpms in the past
(on RedHat 7.2). I finally was able to compile all of them like this:

In the .spec, I changed this:
%define buildUML 0

I already disabled the UML build. It fails with an internal compiler error on my fast 7.1 box. I am now compiling on my testbox which is a single PIII 450 with 256MB ram. So yes it it still compiling here and I suspect for a few more hours.

Then, it's important to call the build processs for every architecture
at once, like this:
rpm -ba --target "i386,i586,i686,athlon" kernel....src.rpm
or, maybe it was rpm -ba --target=i386,i586,i686,athlon
depending on RPM version.

Hmm, I built the i386 only on my first go. That was enough to get me the kernel-source rpm.

I'll try it but I don't have a fast box to compile.

Okidoki

Cheers

--
Seth