Re: dm_handle_to_path

To: Dean Roehrich <roehrich@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: dm_handle_to_path
From: James A Goodwin <jagoodwi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:18:49 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dean,

I remember asking about this call before, but I seem to remember that the
implementation only worked under certain circumstances.  Is that still the
case, or does it really work now?  It's still listed in the DMAPI Status
file as a function that does not work.

Regards,

-James Goodwin
Software Engineer
IBM Global Services - Federal
jagoodwi@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: (281) 336 2578
Fax: (281) 335 4231
T/L 260-2578

                      Dean Roehrich

                      <roehrich@xxxxxxx        To:       James A
Goodwin/Houston/IBM@IBMUS
                      >                        cc:       linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

                      01/15/2003 02:51

                      PM

>From:  James A Goodwin <jagoodwi@xxxxxxxxxx>

>dm_handle_to_path() is listed as a DMAPI function that does not work.  Is
>this because nobody knows how to write it or just because nobody has
really
>needed it yet?  If it's the second case, would it be possible to get it
>working?
>
>We are considering adding new functionality to our software, but it would
>never work unless we could count on using dm_handle_to_path().

dm_handle_to_path ... James Goodwin....dm_handle_to_path....

Must have been a nightmare.  But if Christoph say's it's done, then maybe
it
wasn't...

Dean