System Lockups

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: System Lockups
From: Matt Schillinger <mschilli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Dec 2002 08:27:43 -0600
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Just wondering if anyone knows of any reason why a xfs redhat 8.0 would
just lock up, and leave no log traces in the messages file.. I do not
really have any data that says that it is XFS related (in fact I doubt
it). I am just not sure where to go for answers.. I've looked on the web
and never found anything relevant. From what I can gather, the machine
dies on its network connection,  and all keyboard activity locks up.
The screen continues to display the last thing that occured before the
lockup, but there is no additional input/output. From what I can tell,
it has only happened in periods of inactivity (this is a new development
machine).

thanks for any help anyone can offer. And sorry if i'm spamming this
list.. Any responses, please email me directly, unless it is felt that
the problem relates to the xfs kernel.

Thanks,

--
Matt Schillinger