Re: XFS data corruption 2

To: Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS data corruption 2
From: Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 Dec 2002 14:18:18 -0600
Cc: XFS List <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 2002-12-10 at 14:04, Lukas Hejtmanek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> today we've had power failure again I've noticed that I've got binary
> nulls in
> files last modified 19 minutes ago the power failure. Is that ok? Or
> there is
> a bug in xfs recovery?

 I actually had a similar error recently. My DB server crashed, I then
brought it back up, and had the dba's start oracle. It so happened that
the Database thought it was still at 1AM, but the db didn't crash until
9AM. So we had to recover from archive logs several hours before. If
we'd not had them, it could've been a frightful situation.

Problem is, I'm using xfs 1.1. Anyone got data around that?

--
Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Coremetrics, Inc.