RE: Clustered XFS?

To: "N. Richard Solis" <nrsolis@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Clustered XFS?
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 06 Dec 2002 11:35:51 -0600
Cc: Craig Tierney <ctierney@xxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 12:49, N. Richard Solis wrote:
> So it's more like DAFS then?
No.
DAFS is somewhat misnamed
actually there are multiple aspect called
DDAFS Device (Direct Access FileSystem)
UDAFS User
and
FDAFS File

I don't know what progress has been made with
UDAFS or FDAFS but DDAFS is simple a protocol to
map a remote file (server) to a local device (client)
which is really only interesting to things that talk
block; like data bases.

Note main point of DAFS is to implement a zero copy
block transfer mechanism, which isn't to say it
can't be used as part of a shared filesystem but
DAFS itself isn't intended to provide any of the
sharing supported need to do a share file system.