RE: Clustered XFS?

To: "Craig Tierney" <ctierney@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Clustered XFS?
From: "N. Richard Solis" <nrsolis@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 13:49:16 -0500
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
So it's more like DAFS then?

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Craig Tierney
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2002 1:47 PM
To: N. Richard Solis
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

I have heard the term clustered NFS but I have never seen an actual
implementation.  In a clustered NFS solution, is every node actually
talking SCSI (Fibre channel usually) to the disk?  That is what CXFS
is doing.  Each node physically hits each disk.  The metadata server
keep track of what everyone is doing and prevents them from stomping on
each other.

Craig

--
Craig Tierney (ctierney@xxxxxxxx)