Re: Boot Loader that Support boot from hdb

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Boot Loader that Support boot from hdb
From: Flameeyes <diego_p@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:58:19 +0100
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
George Georgalis wrote:

LILO should work. are you sure it's installed correctly? what version
are you using?

I'm using LILO 22.3.3, if I install it on the first hdd it works perfectly, but when I change the boot line for use the /dev/hdb, the system can't boot.

sometimes you have to add lines like this, per man lilo.conf

I haven't tried this, but I can try it now :)

I have an Award Bios that boot from [in sequence] floppy drive, HDD-1 [primary slave], HDD-0 [primary master].

I like GRUB better, but I'm currently using lilo, at least I did back
when I compiled my xfs kernel 20 days ago :)

Never tried grub, where I can find some info about that?

--
Flameeyes <dgp85[at]users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ#49371455 / AIM TheDGP85 / YIM dgp85 / MSN see e-mail