Re: [Acl-Devel] Re: User EA on symlinks, 2.4.19-xfs

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Acl-Devel] Re: User EA on symlinks, 2.4.19-xfs
From: Ethan Benson <erbenson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:46:32 -0900
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 11:04:39PM +1000, Ben Martin wrote:

> I have thought of adapting libferris to support a new symlink format,
> using regular files and pretending at its API level that it is a link. I
> was still trying to avoid that for now as it opens up a few other
> issues.

UGH, apples OSX does this and its gross, `symlinks' you create in the
GUI are useless regular files in the shell.

unless i misunderstood your intent in which case disregard.

IMO GUI programs which litter junk all over the filesystem are
exceedingly annoying (some organizations ban the use of client
software which results in this cruftification on organization
networks) also GUI programs which `extend' things in a manner that
breaks the command line shell are also exceedingly annoying.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/