Re: xfsdump stuck in io_schedule

To: Chris Wedgwood <cw@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsdump stuck in io_schedule
From: Zlatko Calusic <zlatko.calusic@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:07:57 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Chris Wedgwood <cw@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> I too had (have?) this problem.
>
> I tried to reproduce it with CVS of late (last three days) and so far
> haven't been able to.  I'm now running kdb kernels though in the hope
> to get something useful when it does happen.
>
> I'd love to know *why* I can't make this happen anymore (or why it's
> harder to hit) as I didn't see anything relevant fixed as best as I
> can tell.

What kernel do you use?

> Does it still happen for you with a kernel compile from CVS?

Hm, before answering that, I'll need a little help to compile kernel
with xfs from cvs. How do i proceed, get everything from cvs and put
instead of in-kernel tree?

I thought 2.5 follows cvs, is that true? Or are we speaking just about
last few days worth of work which is in cvs but not yet synced to
Linus kernel tree?

Thanks for your reply.
--
Zlatko