Re: the cvs kernel oops !!

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: the cvs kernel oops !!
From: tom wang <wddi_1976@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:02:24 +0800 (CST)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
 Just now, I tried that test on the  cvs kernel again, it did not oops anymore,
but it is locked after a while, I studied all the process trace of the system,
it seems that only one process is locked, the trace is here.
__down()
__down_failed()
[xfs].text.lock.xfs_log
xlog_state_get_iclog_space()
xlog_write()
xfs_log_write()
xfs_trans_commit()
xfs_attr_rolltrans£¨£©
xfs_attr_mode_addname()
xfs_attr_set()
linvfs_setxattr()
setxattr()
sys_lsetxattr()
system_call()
(It seems that some process was wirting the log to disk. but no other process
was writing to disk at this time)
I think it is easy reproduce in your box. (BTW if we compiled xfs with DEBUG
option, the xfsidbg module can not been installed)
thanks.
                                                      tom

  Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx> µÄÕýÎÄ£º As another datapoint, Christoph and I
both tried it with ext3 on 2.5.47,
and could not reproduce it. Also, could not reproduce it as a non-root
user.

-Eric

--
Eric Sandeen XFS for Linux http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs