Re: RH 8.0 installer

To: Paulo Matos <pjsm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RH 8.0 installer
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 10:23:48 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 16:06, Paulo Matos wrote:
>       Hi all! Hi Russell!
>
> On 22 Oct 2002, Eric Sandeen wrote:
>
> sandeen> Yep, it's Russell Cattelan here at SGI, he originally posted the
> sandeen> message that the installer was released, along with all the
> sandeen> caveats.
> sandeen>
> sandeen> Feel free to just send bug reports (and patches...) to
> sandeen> the list, though.
> sandeen>
> sandeen> 1.2pre2 will be populated when it's available...
>
>       Does 'pre2' refers to XFS or to the installer?
XFS

The installer iso probably won't be respun until 1.2 is final.

>       Looking at .discinfo:
> 1031690066.345824
> Psyche 8.0
> i386
> 6
> RedHat/base
> RedHat/RPMS
> RedHat/pixmaps
>
> i noticed that 'RedHat/pixmaps' does not exists on CD image... don't know
> if this matters or not...
I don't think so, all the RH cd's have that format for the .discid file
so I just copied the format.

>       Are images/boot*.img XFS ready? I'm asking this because on
> previous releases I could never fit a XFS kernel on a normal 1.44M disk ;)
yes they are xfs ready but they do not contain xfs itself.
XFS is loaded as a module that is extracted from the stage2.img.

>       I'll start testing this out ... (DISK/CD/FTP/HTTP +
> text/graphic/kickstart)
Note text does not work unless you pre-partition your disk.