Re: Journal Free Space

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Journal Free Space
From: Michael Wahlbrink <mimi.ka@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 18:23:39 +0200
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Craig Soucie wrote:
So, if I have a partition that is a certain size and is holding my external journal, I'm cool? What happens when it fills up, does this hose my fs or is there a mechanism to deal with that?

Craig

As I understand the function of the XFS jurnal it only holds the changes of the metadata and not the data itself. If it get filled up (also as an externel partition), the disks will be synced. So it only slows down if the Journal filled up...
hth
regards
micha